Monday 11 November 2013

Preliminary Task

For my preliminary task I had to design a magazine front cover and contents page for a college magazine. Our own images had to be taken and ideas on sell lines and main articles had to be considered. The target audience of the magazine therefore was ages 16-19 (students) which had to be considered when designing. I tried to make sure that the magazine applies to both male and female therefore chose unisex colours so it would attract both genders. The price of my magazine was £1.20 although i would probably change it to a slightly cheaper price so that its affordable to students. I would also adjust my front cover by filling in more of the blank spaces and adding more eye catching text.

The colour scheme from my front cover then followed through to the contents page to keep it looking professional, as did fonts. I split the contents up into columns so that it looks easier and more structured to read alongside page numbers so they are easy to find. My contents page also looked quite plain in the concept of having too many blank spaces therefore i would have added more text to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment