Sunday 5 January 2014

Evaluation question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Whilst creating my product I have used a range of different technologies and developed my skills on them through practice. In order to complete different parts of the project I have adapted and learnt how to use different programmes, softwares and devices.
The technologies I have used are Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Blogger, Internet, digital cameras, facebook.

Photoshop- I have used Photoshop a lot throughout this project as it is a useful software for creating magazines and designing. When I first started using this I had very little knowledge on how the programme worked and what to do, although as I spent more time on Photoshop it became a lot easier. 

Internet- The internet had been helpful whilst completing the project and was used a lot whilst researching magazine ideas. This allowed me to understand and figure out my target audience and how the overall design of magazines should look.

Indesign- Indesign is used widely in the media industry therefore I used the software whilst creating my double page spread. I enjoyed using this as it's quite easy to use when creating a magazine product in order to make it look professional. Although I hadn't used this software before, I adapted quite easily to it and figured out how to use it in a short space of time.

Blogger- During the making of my product I frequently blogged about what I had achieved in my work every so often showing my progress gradually. I also used this to plan my work, noting down my research and building on my ideas. This also proved extremely helpful whilst posting my evaluation.

Facebook-  I used facebook so that I could firstly contact my model and inform her on what clothes she would be wearing. We then arranged a date and time so that the shoot could easily be planned. 

Technology has overall helped me with the full project from designing my front page, contents page and double-page spread to tracking my research and showing my progression. Without these i would have struggled with my products and the outcome of my work would have been substantially different.

                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment